Live on the Radio September 23rd
This week, Perla Gheiler from the City and County of Denver join Jayla and Murphy. Perla is the Director of the Office on Aging for Denver and explains how the city is responding to the growing senior population. Her department is responsible for looking for the gaps in city services and developing recommendations and strategic initiatives to make Denver a more age friendly city. This includes all of the departments in the city such as Parks and Recreation, Transportation, etc. How can they modify their services to provide greater access to Denver’s seniors? Want to find out more? Go to www.denvergov.org/aging.
Congratulations Jayla! Because of the excellent work that she and her staff do, Jayla won the 2017 Mayor Hancock Diversity and Inclusion Award. Just proof of the work that AAA and DRCOG do for our community. No wonder she won the award. Just look at how diverse some of the programs at AAA are.
- Spanish Speaking Case Management
- Elder Refugee Program
- LGBT Elder Education and Support Program
- African American Support Group for Caregivers
- Health and Wellness for Asian Pacific Island Elders
- Nutrition and wellness program for Native Americans
- Fund blind and visually impaired services
- Provide Kosher Meals on Wheels and Kosher meal sites.
- Variety of services to help people with mental illness and behavioral challenges
No Copay Radio is so pleased to have the Area Agency on Aging and DRCOG as our sponsor. Keep up the great work, Jayla.
Thanks for listening to No Copay Radio! Check out our past No Copay Radio broadcasts on www.nocopayradio.com. Don’t forget to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, comments or recommendations for future topics.
As always, thank you to our sponsor, Denver Regional Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging. You can reach them at 303-480-6700, www.drcog.networkofcare.org.